Welcome to this article on how to start a morning meditation practice. I’ve done my best to lay out everything you will need to know
Hi, I’m Clarke—writer, thinker, avid meditator, and a former Buddhist monk from Australia.
Here you’ll find articles that explore the principles, strategies, and tools of a life well lived to help us all live happier, healthier, more meaningful lives.
I’m into meditation, philosophy, storytelling, and how all these seemingly disparate disciplines come together to inform a life well-lived.
Whether you are someone with a passion for philosophy, psychology, and personal development, or just a curious film lover looking for something deeper, I want to welcome you all.
Self-Improvement Strategies that Actually Work!
Every Sunday I write a newsletter email with thoughts, life lessons, and interesting articles that have piqued my interest during the week.
Topics I write about include:
- Practical strategies for creating a more meaningful life
- The nature of human attention and consciousness
- The psychology of flourishing
- Insights from cognitive science on our psychology
- Practical techniques to enhance creativity
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness as learnable skills
- Fresh perspectives on traditional topics like goals, habits, and time management
- What personal growth looks like when thought of as “philosophy as practice.”
- Trends in technology and culture and how these impact self-development
- Exploring the theories of ethics, aesthetics, epistemology, and metaphysics as they related to self-development.
- and much much more…
Meditate or Die Newsletter!
Welcome to the Meditate or Die newsletter. Every Sunday I send you a short, fun, and actionable email chock-full of ideas exploring the principles, strategies, and tools of a life well lived so you can live a happier, healthier, more meaningful life.
No spam. No sponsors. No ads. Just the quality ideas. Promise!
This article is still being edited and will appear here shortly. Photo by Sharon McCutcheon
This article was written in 2008 for entry into the Ph.D program at the University of Tasmania. I’m publishing it now and here for those
Hey friends, An idea occurred to me this week. I’m calling it…The Ice-Cream Principal. The Ice-Cream Principal is, in short, the idea that intentionality follows bliss. And